Day 1 & 2: Johannesburg to Zululand, South Africa
Your South Africa safari departs from Johannesburg at 06:30am and travels into the heart of KwaZulu-Natal where you will spend the night in the Mkuzi Game Reserve. This reserve is the last remaining sanctuary for the endangered Black Rhino.
You spend time exploring the reserve on game drives and visit the hide overlooking one of the waterholes. A local guide leads you on a walk in the neighbouring village where you will meet the local Zulu people and gain insight into their tradition, culture and lifestyle. Breakfast included for one day, lunch included for 2 days and dinner included for 2 days.
Days 3 - 5: Kosi Bay, South Africa
The Kosi Bay Nature Reserve is characterised by fertile estuaries, mangroves, dune forests and lakes. You spend time discovering this area on foot and by boat. You visit the Bunga Neck where you can possibly watch Leatherback turtles laying their eggs in season - November to January.
You will also be able to snorkel at the Kosi Bay river mouth or just watch the local fisherman go about their daily routine. Breakfast is included for 3 days and lunch and dinner for 2 days.
Day 6: Swaziland
Your camp for the night is in Hlane Game Reserve in Swaziland. Spend the night enveloped by the pristine African bushveld. You enjoy a game walk with a local ranger in search for Rhino, Elephant and the multitude of bird species. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 7 & 8: Maputo, Mozambique
Today you enter Mozambique at the Namaacha border post and travel to the capital city of Maputo. Here you will experience a fusion of Portuguese and African influences, highlighted in the exceptional blend of seafood and vibrant life.
Sample some of the Mozambiquen delicacies at a local restaurant (own expense) during your Mozambique beach holiday. Breakfast and lunch is included.
Days 9 - 11: Inhambane, Mozambique
The Arab influences are strong in Inhambane and dates back to when slaves, ivory, gold and spices were traded. You get a chance to explore Inhambane and its 200 year old cathedral, before continuing your Mozambique beach holiday to Praia de Barra to your casitas under the palms and right next to the beach.
Guests can enjoy dhow rides and scuba diving is the spectacular coral reefs at your own expense. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 12 & 13, Kruger National Park, South Africa
On day 12 of your South Africa safari you enter the Kruger National Park in South Africa and explore this big game country. Enjoy exciting game drives in search of Lion, Giraffe and Elephant. Relax in the tranquil bush and let the sights and sounds of this pristine wilderness enthrall you. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Day 14: Johannesburg, South Africa
After an early morning game drive, you return to Johannesburg in the evening where your tour will end. Breakfast is included.
- Bush walk in Swaziland
- Lake excursion and walks in Kosi Bay
- Game drives in Mkuzi Game Reserve
- Deep sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving in Mozambique
- Seafood meals in Mozambique
- Game drives in Kruger National Park
- 13 nights guest house/cabin/chalet
- Entrance fees
- Use of equipment (expect sleeping bags)
- Transport in minibus or safari truck
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional guide
- Kosi Bay boat excursion
Why travelers like this trip:
- Variety - this South Africa tour covers beach and bush, the wildlife of the Kruger National Park and the idyllic beaches of Mozambique
- National Parks and wildlife areas - Kruger National Park, Mkuzi Game Reserve, Kosi Bay Nature Reserve, Swaziland
- Culture and history - discover the culture and tradition of Mozambique
- Scenery - enjoy the scenery of South Africa's spectacular bushveld and Mozambique's endless powder beaches
- Small group - traveling in a group of 12 creates a comfortable and friendly atmosphere
- Walking - you will have lots of opportunities to walk during this tour
- Adventure - game walks, game drives, deep sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving
- Chalets at Mkuzi Game Reserve for 2 nights
- Kosi Bay Lodge cabins for 3 nights
- Hlane Game Reserve chalets for one night
- Catembe Guest House in Maputo for 2 nights
- Barra Reef Casitas in Mozambique for 3 nights
- Kruger Park chalets for 2 nights
There are easy to moderate walks throughout the tour.
You enjoy a boat ride in Kosi Bay across the Bunga Neck
For the longer distance travel, a custom built safari truck with 12 forward facing seats that are safe, comfortable and good for game viewing. A Toyota Hiace with 10 forward facing seats may also be used.
This South Africa tour is ideal for anyone who is generally active and in good health. This is a participation safari so you are expected to help around the camp, setting up/pulling down tents and washing up after meals.
Please enquire about rates / prices